Sunday, October 5, 2008

To eHarmony or NOT to eHarmony... THAT is the question.

Yes it has come to this...
I came home and found myself on Yahoo! Personals perusing the ads.. (only 2 of the 55 actually seemed remotely interesting)... and then I see that the "subscription rate" is $95/6 months. OOOHH NOOOO! Not the kid. Umph hmph. I cannot WILL NOT pay $95 for a chance to meet someone that I might want to "see". I'm cheap, not desperate.
So then my mama calls and I mention it to her and she suggests eHarmony at a rate of $39/3 months. Really its not THAT much difference, but I'm still thinking it will be a waste of time.
Has it REALLY come to this? Posting "personal ads" on public sites HOPING that Prince Charming might click his way into your inbox? SO SAD. Anybody got any ideas?
SG

2 comments:

J-Bigg said...

I have NO clue. If you find a place full of eligible bachelorettes let ME know. The operative word here being "eligible". Don't send any "crazy" chicks my way.

Kryssy said...

E-Harmony was diappointing to me.
Last year sometime, I got a free trial, and I took it... and in the ENTIRE 30 days.... there were no matches in my area, that were African American.
*tsk *tsk*
My friend Llana hooked up with this guy from on there... and 5 years later, he's refusing to propose. Ok... 2 bad scenarios... But, it may just work for you. *shrugs*